Dr Michelle Foot is Teaching Fellow of Nineteenth Century Art, specialising in British and European art in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. Her research interests include Spiritualism, national identity and the Celtic Revival.
Her teaching responsibilities include:
- Contributing to lectures on the sub-honours History of Art 2 programme
- Analytical Projects – MA (Hons)
- Europe 1900: Nationalism and Decadence at the Fin-de-Siècle – MA (Hons)
- Impressionism, Decadence, Rhythm: Artists in France and Britain 1870-1914 – MA (Hons)
- Impressionism and the Third Republic: Culture, Politics and Social Change, 1865-1900 – MSc
Michelle was awarded a PhD from the University of Aberdeen in 2016 for her thesis on ‘Modern Spiritualism and Scottish Art between 1860 and 1940’. She is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland.