Prizes were awarded for achievements in different areas of study, from dissertation to critical portfolio, as well as travel awards to further student research.
Two History of Art students, Grace Berry and Georgie Hewitt, both won the Huntley MacDonald Sinclair Prize for Best History of Art Dissertation.
"I never win prizes so it’s so exciting, I wasn’t expecting it at all," said Grace. "I loved writing it and researching it, so I think my passion must have come across. I’m hoping to buy a piece of art with the award money, something to start off my collection."
"My dissertation was about James McNeill Whistler and his knowledge and practice of interior design influenced his portraiture. I have always loved modern art, in particular, the Victorian era, and also my grandmother lives next door to his White House. So something just drew me to it."
Georgie's dissertation was titled, "Visualising Utopia: Brasilia in the Photographs of Marcel Gautherot, Rene Burri and Elliot Erwitt, 1958-62".
"Each chapter looked at a photograph which was taken of the city when it was being constructed and then immediately afterwards," said Georgie, "I was looking at how each of them presented the city as a different type of utopia or dystopia."
"The degree was brilliant. I loved it. All my professors were great and I got to go away for a year to the US. I’m really sad I’m finished."
The full list of winners from History of Art are:
- Suzie Anthony, Cousins Essay Prize for Best Work Placement Report (£75)
- Grace Connelly, Huntley MacDonald Sinclair Prize for Best Analytical Project Part Two (£150)
- Katherine George, Baldwin Brown Travelling Scholarship (£600 for work towards her dissertation on Raphael’s Sistine Chapel tapestries)
- Huw Keene, Georgina Hewitt, Grace Berry, Huntley MacDonald Sinclair Prize for Best History of Art Dissertation (£100 each)
- Forbes McKay, Baldwin Brown Travelling Scholarship (£600, for work towards his dissertation on curatorial practices and art production in South Africa)
- Megan McHugh, Huntley MacDonald Sinclair Prize for Best MAFA Dissertation. (£300)
- Harry Osman-allu, Robert Hillenbrand Prize for best piece of coursework on Islamic Art or Architecture (£100)
- Sarah Renard, Cousins Essay Prize for Best Work Placement Report (£75)
- Andrea Wong, Huntley MacDonald Sinclair Prize for Best Analytical Project Part One (£150)