The sessions are developed and delivered by leading academic staff and will allow insights into student life and study experience.
They offer guidance about the wealth of career opportunities on offer in art institutions and special collections.
The sessions emphasise hands-on experience (from curating exhibitions to art making), and students have the opportunity to discuss and get advice on their own works and/or portfolios. They will also have the opportunity to handle original works.
The sessions will allow students to:
- Get a taster of the different study opportunities at ECA
- Develop their understanding of different careers in the Arts
- Get specialist guidance on their portfolio development in Art and Design
- Hear about life as an ECA student from a current undergraduate
- Familiarise themselves with different ECA facilities, from artist and music studios to libraries and special collections
- Photographing the Surreal - Darkroom to Digital | Friday 27 October 2017
- Fakes, Forgeries and Copies | Friday 17 November 2017
- Graphic Design: Creative Problem Solving | Friday 15 December 2017
- Creating Animated Loops | Friday 26 January 2018
- Body Landmarks | Friday 23 February 2018
- Exhibitions: Curating, Making, Inspiring | Friday 23 March 2018
- Sounds and Stories | Friday 27 April 2018