Summer 2019 opening times
- Wednesday 12 June - Friday 30 August, 2pm - 4pm. Library helpdesk available for enquiries, book return and borrowing (from partial collection) only. Note: the A+A Library space will be closed (no study space or access to reference items including journals and previous dissertations) – there will be a note on the Library door of the alternative location for the Helpdesk during this time.
- Monday 2 - Friday 6 September, Opening hours to be determined
- From Monday 9 September: Return to normal semester opening hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Other library options will be available during this time, including the Main Library in George Square and the Evolution House Library.
Semester opening times
- Normal opening hours: Monday – Friday: 9am - 5pm (closed weekends)
Want to double-check that we're open? Call: +44 (0)131 650 2310
About the Library
The Art and Architecture Library is one of the University of Edinburgh's eight dedicated departmental libraries. Located on the ground and lower ground floors of Minto House, Chambers Street, it provides quiet study space with wireless access throughout. It holds over 20,000 books, primarily for history of art, architecture and architectural history courses, and more than 80 architecture-related journals.
All University of Edinburgh students and staff are welcome to use the library and borrow books. Entry to Minto House is by swipecard access only and external visitors must first register at the University's Main Library Helpdesk:
- Study desks
- Lending book stock
- Course Reserve books
- DVD collection
- DVD and video viewing facilities
- Current journals display
- Back issues of journals
- Undergraduate dissertations and work placement reports
- Two DiscoverEd search points
- Five computers for study purposes
Contact: +44 (0)131 650 2310