This was the third in a series of six seminar workshops for 2016/17 run by sIREN (student-led Interdisciplinary Research Network).
It explored the theme of managing digital data across disciplines.
Four speakers from four different disciplines across the University of Edinburgh and the University of Newcastle were invited to speak.
Speakers will present part of their own research activities related to methods, strategies and challenges when undertaking interdisciplinary research.
The aim of the workshop is to enhance knowledge and skills and to open up the discussion to participants.
- 9.00 - 9.15 Introduction to sIREN and welcome keynote speakers
- 9.15 - 9.45 Dr. Jules Rawlinson (Edinburgh College of Art - Lecturer in Design and Digital Media)
- 9.45 - 10.15 Prof. Chris Speed (Edinburgh College of Art - Chair of Design Informatics)
- 10.15 - 10.30 Coffee break
- 10.30 - 11.00 Roxana Karam (Edinburgh College of Art - PhD candidate in Architecture)
- 11.00 - 11.30 Dr Dade-Robertson (Newcastle University - School of Architecture, Planning & Landscape)
- 11.30 - 12.00 Discussion, Networking/Collaboration
The sIREN (student-led Interdisciplinary Research Network) series is organised by two postgraduate students at ECA: Eleni-Ira Panourgia (Art - PhD); and Katerina Talianni (Music - PhD).
The aim of these networking events is to bring together research-active staff and students to exchange methods, knowledge and ideas around interdisciplinary research and its potential.