The first in a series of six seminar workshops for 2016/17 run by sIREN (student-led Interdisciplinary Research Network).
It explored the theme of designing interdisciplinary research projects.
Four speakers from four different disciplines across the University of Edinburgh were invited to speak.
Speakers presented part of their own research activities related to methods, strategies and challenges when undertaking interdisciplinary research.
The aim of the workshop was to enhance knowledge and skills and to open up the discussion to participants.
- 9.30 - 9.45 | Introduction to sIREN and welcome keynote speakers
- 9.45 - 10.15 | Professor Richard Coyne (Edinburgh College of Art)
- 10.15 - 10.45 | Professor Ewan Klein (School of Informatics)
- 10.45 - 11.00 | Coffee break
- 11.00 - 11.30 | Professor John Lee (Edinburgh College of Art)
- 11.30 - 12.00 | Dr Stefan Bilbao (Edinburgh College of Art, Acoustics and Audio Group)
- 12.00 - 12.30 | Discussion, networking, and collaboration
The aim of these networking events is to bring together research-active staff and students to exchange methods, knowledge and ideas around interdisciplinary research and its potential.