Applications are invited for two Research Residencies in Art Writing.
The Residencies, each lasting one month, are supported by the School of Art at Edinburgh College of Art (ECA) and Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop.
The first residency will be in April 2015, and the second in November 2015.
About the Research Residencies in Art Writing
ECA’s mission is to promote critical inquiry through scholarly research, learning, teaching and education in creative practice.
Within this context, the Research Residencies in Art Writing demonstrate the School of Art's commitment to practice-based research.
They offer the opportunity for two individuals to focus intensively on their own work for a one-month period.
The Residencies are open to national and international, emerging and established art writers, working in an expanded field.
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in a public 'in-conversation' event with Maria Fusco, Chancellor's Fellow at ECA, and to deliver a lecture and one day's teaching during the period of the residency.
Each residency provides:
- An apartment in Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
- Stipend of £1,000
- Return travel expenses to Edinburgh
The application process
To apply for a Research Residency in Art Writing, please submit:
- A two-page CV, including your name, address, contact details
- A one-page hard copy reference in support of your application
- Up to four examples of your previous work, (e.g. 20 images, 15 minutes of film, 20 pages of hard copy writing)
- A one-page statement of your interest in the Residency, and how it will benefit your work.
Applications must be received at the following address by 5pm on Monday 9th February 2015. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
School of Art Office (C22), Edinburgh College of Art, The University of Edinburgh, 74 Lauriston Place, Edinburgh EH3 9DF
This article was published on 19/01/2015