Please note that, due to redevelopment work, St Cecilia's Hall will be closed until September 2016.
Having recently celebrated its 250th birthday, St Cecilia's Hall is the oldest purpose-built concert hall in Scotland. It was built in 1763 and has a capacity of 200.
It can be used for concerts, recitals, conferences, and other performances and events.
It was designed by Robert Mylne for the Edinburgh Musical Society.
The building is also home to keyboard instruments from the University of Edinburgh’s Musical Instruments Museum.
On display are some 50 of the world's most important and best-preserved early keyboard instruments: harpsichords, virginals, spinets, organs and fortepianos from the period of their first construction to around 1840, many in playing order.