Scholarships available for one academic year of postgraduate study at Edinburgh College of Art. (£5,000)
Architectural Project Management - MSc by ODL
This programme is run jointly with Heriot-Watt University School of Built Environment. It combines the specialisms of the two institutions to combine project management skills with a wider appreciation of architectural design, sustainability and modern methods of construction. The programme is delivered entirely through distance learning with full study materials and feedback delivered over the web.
It examines the concepts, practices and strategic issues related to construction project management, leading to an in-depth understanding of how project management professionals can provide an added value service to their clients.
In Architectural Project Management, we develop an understanding of issues related to the management of clients and other stakeholders involved in the delivery of a project within the overarching constraints of time, quality, costs, sustainability and safety management. The suite of courses provides you with the necessary knowledge to contribute effectively as a lead consultant delivering project management services to clients on large-scale, contemporary architectural projects. Heriot-Watt University offers study in the theory and practice of project management, contracts, procurement, risk and value management. ECA provide courses in design culture, sustainable built environments and modern methods of manufacturing and construction.
The programme is ideal for those in employment or with other commitments. It provides flexible study options that fit around work or family committments. You will receive comprehensive materials for each course through an online Virtual Learning Environment and assignments are carefully structured to ensure you receive useful formative feedback at every stage of your work. Weblogs and discussion boards encourage lively collaboration with tutors and fellow students.
The programme is aimed at professionals from all backgrounds currently working in the construction industry to help enhance their career progression. It is fully accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), demonstrating its professional recognition and industrial relevance.
Top five reasons to choose the programme
- This programme offers masters study through flexible distance learning, allowing you to study whilst in work.
- It provides a qualification, accredited by the RICS, and enables new or consolidated careers based around project management.
- The degree gives multidisciplinary skills and experience through knowledge and understanding of both architectural design and project management cultures.
- You gain strategic knowledge and skills in manufacturing, sustainable design and construction.
- You benefit from the complementary skills and expertise of two institutions both with expert knowledge and experience of the built environment.
Scholarships & bursaries
4 scholarships for distance learning Masters programmes offered by the University.